Many social networks are now offering sponsoring ads as a customized marketing solution for businesses. Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter are few of the many social media platforms where sponsored ads can be created and customized by the user. In this blog post we will explain what each of these platforms offer and how you can use them as a marketing tool to grow your business.
1. Facebook – Although Facebook offers many marketing helping tools, Facebook Ads is a great way to create your own advertisement, choosing your target audience and campaign objectives like increase number of visits to your website, likes, post engagement etc.
Facebook Ads is a great option as it lets you set your budget and designate a specific amount depending on your marketing needs and objectives.You can choose your audience based on age, language, location, gender etc and Facebook will target those whose settings are similar.
If you are looking to boost your business and target more customers this is a very cost-effective way to do it. It works great with smaller businesses and it is a great way to expose your business to new customers.
2. LinkedIn – Like Facebook, LinkedIn allows you to customize your ads with Targeted Advertising. It allows you to “Connect with the world’s largest audience of active, influential professionals and launch your campaign in minutes.” You also have total control on your budget and the amount of time you want your campaign to be active.
Linked In ads can help you drive traffic to your website and create more leads, generate more high quality leads by fine tuning your targeting options to reach the right people and also to have total control of your costs by offering options like pay per click or pay per impression which allows you to set your own budget. This is a great way to reach very specific target audiences such as specific professions, industries and more fine tuned options. You can easily manage your campaign and keep track of how much you are spending and the response you get from other users.
3. Twitter – Like the two previous platforms, Twitter also offers Targeted Advertising which can be customized depending on what your goals and priorities are, who you want to target, how much you want to spend and for how long to keep the campaign going. Twitter Ads allow you to reach more potential customers and get your messages to people that are not yet following you. It really helps with exposure and it is a great way to grow your business, it allows you also to gain more followers and grow your community with high-value followers.
- Reach the right audience by targeting based on interests, geography, gender, device, or users similar to your followers. In addition, maximize the relevancy of your message by targeting by keywords in people’s Tweets.
- Get your Tweets and your account in front of more people who are interested in you.
- Only pay when users follow your account or re-tweet, favorite, reply, or click on your Promoted Tweet. You’re in complete control. There’s no minimum spend, and you can start and stop at any time. (ads.twitter.com)
Although they all offer similar services, Facebook Ads works best for smaller businesses while LinkedIn is more effective in more industrial b2b Marketing. Twitter is the most underdeveloped Ad program compared with the other two, and prize wise Facebook offers the cheapest rates. With LinkedIn Ads becoming more and more popular expect prices to rise in the future. Although Twitter Ads has a few draw backs such as the amount of characters you can use, the fact that it is real time advertising is a positive factor for marketers.
We encourage you to first think about your target customer base and start experimenting with social media ads to reach at the lower possible cost. Some businesses, depending their size and needs, might benefit more from one option than other businesses. Try testing and investing in these new channels at a small scale before you determine which one will work better before you spend large sums of money.
If you have any questions or want to know more about how social media can help your practice, visit us at www.conversionwhale.com or call 1-855-699-4253. We’re always willing to help you blow your competition out of the water!