A clear sign that it’s time to perform a deep, patient list data cleaning is when prospect engagement drops. Lists that contain out-of-date, non-existent or inaccurate patient information affect advertising return on investment by wasting dollars on undelivered mail and addresses that will never convert.
What is data cleansing?
One of the most valuable assets in a dental practice is its first-party-data – the patient list. Maintaining its integrity, through repairing and updating records ensures it is free of errors, repetition, or invalid information, transforming business intelligence into conversion-optimized, quality leads.
Through direct mail response tracking, clean patient data provides invaluable insight into marketing. Accurate contact lists ensure that advertising messages are targeting the right people, at the right time, with the right message. In fact, reports confirm that 66% of businesses increase revenue with clean lists.
Data cleaning performs another vital role. Scraping a list keeps the dentist connected to established sources of revenue and production.
How to clean data
Managing the quality of data can support a practice’s growth objective, but more importantly its profitability. To ensure the end result translates into purposeful data that drives a practice’s reach at a direct mail campaign level, perform the following analysis and priorities in the patient information.
- Remove, combine, fix duplications, non-existent, inactive or defective patient profiles.
- Review columns and rows for irrelevant details and ensure only the most important facts are captured.
- Delete irregularities that may occur during a data collection or merge.
- Revise the types and ensure date and number values are correctly converted in cells, rows, and columns.
- Check grammar and sentence structure, close white spaces and fix spelling mistakes.
- Create a uniform format for numbers and text, in either a timestamp, or data object and lower or upper case.
- Highlight missing values and either drop, add-in, calculate, or copy cells, columns or rows.
- Confirm all changes, updates are saved and repaired.
- Keep a log of data cleaning processes and methods to evaluate scraped lists against.
- Create new lists of patient-value and marketing opportunities.
- Run the final list through
Why is patient list scrubbing important?
Accurate first-party data allows dentists to identify marketing opportunities, minimizing adspend wastage and target prospects with precise conversion messaging. In fact, studies report that clean data-driven CRM advertising leads to 47% higher effectiveness. A clean list avoids unnecessary printing and postage costs, ensuring direct mail reaches the intended recipient.
Dirty data clutters important information that can be used to correctly address patient needs and expectations in targeted direct mail. Actionable insights on audiences and the customer experience journey to conversion informs multiple aspects of a campaign including appropriate personalization, quality offers, and valuable call-to-actions.
The worth of a quality list is weighed up in its effectiveness to perform and deliver measurable results. A reported 8% of mail never reaches its destination from incorrect addresses, impacting the bottom line. In the end, information integrity secures a practice’s competitiveness, improves revenue, produces profit and increases production.
Optimize your patient list data, contact us today
Conversion Whale provides a unique data cleansing and maintenance service. Once a list is cleansed, it’s quality-checked with a national master address list, then tested for compliance and compatibility. What this means for our customers is a boost in profitability and production. We specialize in marketing solutions for dentists. Contact our team now to learn more.