The main goal and purpose of websites is to inform visitors about you and/or your services create traffic, but ultimately to generate leads and turn that visit into a customer.
It usually takes from 3 to 5 seconds for a visitor to make their mind up to keep on browsing into your content or click and never come back! We don’t want that, we want visitors to click on your videos, look through your information and take the next step whether it is to subscribe to your website, fill out a form or book an appointment. The main goal is to make that first good impression that will lead into a CTA (Call-To-Action).
You might be asking yourself, how can I make my site more inviting to make people want to keep on browsing? Well, there are a few things you can check for when evaluating your website to see if it passes the 3 second test.
- Use big BOLD Headlines: Users should know what your website is about within 3 seconds. Is it clear for the users what the site is about? Highlight your headline and keep your sentence under 8 words. Make your headline big and bold so it is easy to read and understand. Make sure to make it clear to users what you do.
- Make your website attractive: There are several reasons why a visitor would want to keep on browsing, think of what visitors are looking for.
- Make all important information such as contact information, visible.
- Reduce the amount of distractions, if visitors are given too many choices they are most likely to get confused and abandon the page. Keep it clean and uncluttered.
- Have enough white space and reduce long text. Instead, use images or videos that can convey the same message.
- Avoid the use of stock photos. You want to make sure your website visitors can relate to you. Try using natural-looking photos.
- Remember the fold! Anything that is visible without having to scroll down, is called the fold, keep all content above the fold relevant. This is the first impression that your visitor will have, depending on what is above the fold will make your visitor want to scroll down, browse and ultimately pass the 3-second test!
- CTAs: One of the most important aspects you should check to see if your site is properly optimized for conversions is to have a clear CTA (Call-to-Action). Make sure you are telling the user where they need to go, what they need to do next. Whether this is to fill a form, to contact now, to subscribe or to share with social media, these actions would most likely tell you if your site has passed the test and if it is effective or not.
Creating a sense of urgency will determine whether the user browses and acts upon the CTAs, also make sure you have social media buttons that will want to make the visitor want to share their experience. This also goes hand in hand with creating a good experience for the user.
Conversion Whale can give you free website analysis that includes the snap test, SEO rankings and keywords. Call: 1-855-MY-WHALE or visit us at www.conversionwhale.com, we want to help you blow your competition out of the water!